PathFinders is a Hong Kong-registered charity with tax-exempt status whose mission is to ensure the most vulnerable and unsupported children in Hong Kong are protected and respected, and their Migrant Domestic Worker mothers are empowered to find a path to a bright future. Since 2008, PathFinders has supported over 7,600 babies, children and women not, or inadequately, supported by Hong Kong’s existing public welfare and healthcare services. In effect, they fall through the cracks of an otherwise world-class social welfare system.
All children born to a Migrant Domestic Worker (MDW) in HK have a Nurturing Care Plan in place to ensure they are protected and respected, and able to develop foundational learning skills in the years leading up to school.
This role is specifically responsible for providing comfort, care and counselling to ensure MDW mothers have the critical information and support they need to address their individual immigration, medical, legal, employment, emotional and security issues. In addition, to provide access to emergency shelter, essential supplies, healthcare, education and justice.
This position reports directly to the Senior Case Manager, Crisis Intervention
● Reporting: Meticulously and regularly document in SalesForce case records, referrals, summary reports, statistics and meeting file notes for efficient case tracking, referral to lawyers and outside agencies data analysis, reporting and research purposes;
● Client Assistance: offer comprehensive assistance - counselling and emotional support - to MDWs who are pregnant and/or have children in HK. Provide guidance in the creation of a Nurturing Care Plan that includes infant care, parenting and future life options (home country return) and monitor plan implementation to ensure the mother and child are protected and are safe from harm;
● Service Access: Accompany clients to ensure access to services including hospital, social welfare and immigration department, consulate, other relevant organizations;
● Assisting Case Manager and Senior Case Manager in the following areas:
- Relationship Management: Identify, develop, nurture and maintain all key relationships and strategic partnerships critical for delivering client services. Proactively seek out opportunities to network and build strong
- Communications: Assist to identify and develop case stories to highlight the impact of PathFinders’ client services. Assist Case Managers in media, influence and other public awareness activities to educate the public on issues relating to migrant women and their children;
- Brand & Reputation: Increase brand recognition and ensure PathFinders mission, programmes and service impact are relevantly presented in a positive and compelling way with strong supporting data to key stakeholders and the wider community.
Skills & Qualifications
● Diploma or above;
● Hong Kong Resident status holder (including Dependent visa holder);
● Relevant experience;
● English and Cantonese is required (able to communicate in other languages is an advantage e.g. Bahasa Indonesia, Tagalog, Urdu, Hindi, etc.)
● A positive thinker with a can-do attitude, willing to foster organizational and community development;
● A good team communicator and player, a quick learner who is able to work under pressure and in a dynamic environment;
● Proficiency in PC and Smartphone operations including MC Office, Excel, PowerPoint, WhatsApp etc. Training on using Salesforce will be provided.
● This is a Full-time position. The candidate would ideally start as soon as possible.
● Interested applicants should send a Letter of Interest, Curriculum Vitae and availability.
● Shortlisted candidates will be notified by email and invited for an interview. If you do not hear back from us within 4 weeks of submitting your application, please assume your application has been
● PathFinders is a committed equal opportunities employer. PathFinders Limited is non-partisan and non-religious.
Data sent by you to PathFinders Limited in connection with this application will be retained by PathFinders for 6 months after the hiring process is complete. All information and personal data provided by applicants as part of this recruitment process will be treated in confidence.