Redress is an environmental charity with a mission to prevent and transform textile waste to catalyse a circular economy and reduce fashion's water, chemical and carbon footprints. Our programmes work to change mindsets to stop the creation of textile waste now and in the future, as well as creating partnerships that showcase value in existing waste. Working directly with designers, manufacturers, brands, educational bodies, government and consumers, Redress aims to create lasting environmental change in fashion.
CIRCULAR FASHION PROGRAMME MANAGER
Environmental non-profit Redress is looking for a Programme Manager to support the overall development and direction of our Circular Fashion Programme and drive progress towards the Programme mission - to reduce clothing waste by increasing the reuse, resale and recycling of clothing in HongKong.
In addition to supporting the overall Programme activities, this Programme Manager will lead on our Volunteer Programme and volunteer engagement, as well as all Programme engagement with our school and student network, including managing the ECF Circular Fashion Education Project (a creative bilingual school education project funded by the Environment & Conservation Fund and Environmental Campaign Committee involving the creation of a story book, video series, and immersive virtual experience, in collaboration with third party vendors).
This role will suit an energetic person with excellent people and communication skills in both Chinese and English, strong stakeholder engagement skills, strong leadership skills and a passion for sustainability.
To learn more about the Circular Fashion Programme see
Main reporting line: Circular Fashion Director
● Supporting strategic Programme development and planning across all of the Circular Fashion Programme activities.
● Project Management of the Volunteering Programme, including liaising with community volunteer networks, schools and corporates to organise and deliver volunteer activities including clothes-sorting, the Sort-a-thon and Pop-Up Shops.
● Leading on all Programme engagement with our school and student network, including:
○ Project Management of the ECF Circular Fashion Education Project, i.e. leading on all grant liaison, deliverables, planning, budgeting, timeline, delivery/execution, administration, filing/documentation, data collection, reporting and auditing.;
○ Managing the ECF Project Officer;
○ Identifying, building and managing relationships within the Hong Kong local and international-school network;
○ Creation and delivery of school talks, workshops and other student activities in both Cantonese and English;
○ Leading on school-engagement for the Get Redressed Month consumer campaign and Sort-a-thon, including resource creation, promotion, liaison and delivery.
● Supporting the planning and delivery of all key Circular Fashion Programme activities including: Volunteer Programme, ECF Circular Fashion Education Programme, Takeback Programme Get Redressed Month and Sort-a-thon and Pop-UpShops.
● Supporting both quantitative and qualitative data collection and impact measurements against key goals and deliverables for the Programme.
● Acting as a spokesperson for interviews, presentations, panels, media etc.
● Supporting on building a strategic network of partners with the aim of sharing resources and knowledge to increase the reuse, resale and recycling of clothing in HongKong.
● Support the wider activities of Redress, e.g. the grand final show of the Redress DesignAward.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
● Undergraduate university degree.
● Minimum 5 years working experience.
● Strong project management skills.
● Stakeholder engagement, business development and/or communications experience will be highly regarded.
● Experience working with schools, students, teachers, educators or curriculum development, preferably within the local school network in Hong Kong. Existing contacts in the education sector highly regarded.
● Understanding of current issues and challenges in sustainability and circularity.
● Eligible to live and work in Hong Kong (permanent resident or visa holder only).
REQUIRED SKILLS & DESIRED PROFILE:
● A strong communicator with excellent verbal and written communication skills in both Cantonese and English.
● Exceptional people skills.
● Strong leadership skills.
● Comfortable presenting to large audiences
● Detail-oriented and organised, with excellent time management.
● Ambitious, willing to learn, optimistic and enthusiastic.
● Confident with numbers and databases.
● Confident juggling numerous projects and deadlines simultaneously.
● Willing to accept a high workload at certain times of the year.
● Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills a must
● A passion for sustainability.
CLOSING DATE: Friday 21 May, 2021
To apply, please send the following firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your CV
- Cover letter detailing why you want to work for Redress and your relevant experience
- Indication of your expected salary.