Feeding Hong Kong is the first Hong Kong food bank dedicated to rescuing surplus food from retailers, distributors and manufacturers and redistributing it to people in need. We aim to fight hunger and reduce food waste in Hong Kong.
▪ To engage and promote Feeding HK to food donors, frontline charities, funders, volunteers and other community partners;
▪ To plan and lead the execution of the communication function, including the website,social media, newsletters, eDMs and media relations;
▪ To develop strategy and achieve fundraising targets from corporate, foundation, organisation and individual donors;
▪ To develop and implement education initiatives and marketing events to promote food waste reduction and the solution of food banking.
▪ Develop and deliver the communication strategy and plan to food donors, frontline charities, funders, volunteers and other community partners to raise the profile of Feeding HK;
▪ Grow the audience and build deeper engagement with social media followers and newsletter subscribers;
▪ Maintain a good relationship with the media and other community partners to promote the mission and image of Feeding Hong Kong;
▪ Develop strategies and execute fundraising programmes to diversify and grow income from corporate, foundation, organisation and individual segments;
▪ Measure and report the impact of fundraising campaigns and programmes on donors;
▪ Collaborate with other department heads to achieve multifaceted targets of fundraising programmes.
Engagement and marketing
▪ Develop effective engagement initiatives with food donors, frontline charities, funders, volunteers and other community partners;
▪ Develop sustainable education and marketing programmes to educate food waste reduction and the solution of food banking to corporate and school sectors;
▪ Work with the CEO to promote Feeding HK through participation in external conferences, seminars and projects.
▪ Manage the allocation and effectiveness of resources in communication, fundraising and engagement activities;
▪ Collaborate with the senior management team to set a collaborative and committed organizational culture and manage a small team;
▪ Liaise with other NGO organizations and keep abreast of the market intelligence of engagement, fundraising and marketing programmes.
▪ Be accountable and report to the Chief Executive Officer;
▪ Line manage a small team of 2 managers;
▪ Work with volunteers and interns when needed.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
▪ University degree or above;
▪ Excellent command in written and spoken English and Cantonese, Putonghua an advantage;
▪ Minimum 10 years in corporate communications, fundraising, media relations or marketing experience, NGO experience an advantage.
▪ Strategic and strong in leading execution
▪ Establish and maintain good relationships with all Feeding HK stakeholders
▪ Communicate effectively and demonstrate excellent presentation skills
▪ Agile, positive and collaborative
▪ Work independently and with diverse groups of people
▪ Social media marketing and digital metrics
▪ Computer knowledge in Microsoft Office, Salesforce and WordPress is an advantage
To apply, please email the application with a cover letter and a CV stating current and expected salary. Application with all required documents attached will only be considered. All information will be treated in strict confidence and solely used for recruitment purposes.