|Published:||about 1 month ago|
Enrich is a fast growing, dynamic charity working to promote the economic empowerment of migrant domestic workers in Hong Kong. Established in 2007, Enrich provides financial literacy, business development and empowerment education programmes that allow migrant domestic workers to take greater control of their finances and secure the future for themselves and for their families.
Community Engagement Manager
Enrich is seeking an enthusiastic and highly skilled Community Engagement Manager. This full-time role reports to our Director of Programmes.
Purpose of role
Building off 14 years of experience delivering impactful programmes, and in response to changing needs of the community we serve in light of the pandemic, we are looking for a Community Engagement Manager to strengthen and lead our online engagement and community building through digital platforms, and to strengthen our digital capacity as an established NGO. This role will also lead on and deliver online outreach strategy and execution, promotional partnerships as they relate to programmes and employer engagement. This role will have management responsibilities.
The ideal candidate
You have a knack for all things digital. You have a track record of building communities online, through various online channels and platforms, and are adept at creating and tailoring information for different audiences online. You are a team player, working well with others and may have some prior experience with managing staff. You have a strategic mindset and are creative, willing to experiment to see what works well and are able to adapt your work in line with a changing environment. You will be comfortable working across teams, are excited about delivering new ideas and able to roll up your sleeves and jump in. You enjoy working in a multicultural team. You are someone who takes an inclusive approach by building ideas from input from the community. You are passionate about education and inclusion for vulnerable groups, and are keen to use your skills to create change and deliver real impact.
Digital engagement and community building with the migrant domestic worker community
The main priority of this role is to create digital content, develop engagement strategies, events and materials (social media posts, graphics, videos) which are accessible, engaging and trustworthy for the migrant domestic worker community. This includes:
• Developing and refining strategies for engaging with the community online.
• Conceptualising, independently developing and delivering online content targeting migrant domestic worker community, which may include running awareness campaigns, competitions, polls and quizzes.
• Continuing to listen, adapt materials and engagement with the migrant domestic worker community, through gathering feedback. Able to keep updated on concerns, needs and motivations of the community to also adapt materials.
• Collaborate with the Communications Manager on various projects, such as social media.
• Overseeing full migration to Whatsapp (Business), and lead WhatsApp engagement to foster a sense of online community, create a space for discussing and learning about financial concerns, engage with our alumni, whilst maintaining a sense of trust and upholding Enrich’s organisational values and branding. This includes creating all content for WhatsApp groups and managing these groups, coordinating with our Programmes Assistant on this where needed.
• To continue running and developing our Facebook Live series, “Ask the Experts”, to answer MDWs’ questions on specific current topics.
• Manage relevant online traffic on Facebook (monitoring, replying to participants’ questions and screening for scams/unwanted posts)
• To expand our presence on digital platforms targeting MDWs (e.g. Instagram or other platforms), including developing strategies and content for this
• Engaging with trusted migrant domestic worker influencers to boost engagement.
• To develop social media campaigns to boost programme recruitment and awareness amongst the MDW community.
• To boost online partnerships through our programme partners, through supporting with online campaigns, and signing off on any promotional material.
• Working together with the programmes team, support with reporting from workshops and programmes, gathering data on impact of digital engagement and new digital systems with community, along with other relevant insights where appropriate, for the purposes of internal reports and reporting to funders.
• Strengthening the capacity of Enrich Ambassadors by designing programme and activities that promote personal development.
• Managing volunteers and interns that relate to community engagement work.
• Other ad hoc tasks as required.
Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, with strong experience in technology, digital engagement and community building online
Experience using platforms such as Whatsapp Business and building online communities
Passion for empowerment for migrant domestic workers
Well-organised, self-starter, team-player and able to work independently ;
Fluent in written and spoken English.
Prior experience with managing staff.
Fluency in spoken and written Bahasa or Tagalog;
Experience working with the NGO sector.
Graphic design experience and designing content
Experience running small scale online engagements
Experience managing others in a multicultural environment
Salary and benefits:
Salary: HKD 22,000 to HKD 26,500 a month, depending on the level of experience and competencies. We offer 20 days of annual leave, health insurance and contribution to the Mandatory Provident Fund. We are a learning organisation and offer development and well being opportunities throughout the year. We currently have a hybrid working model in place, allowing flexibility in working locations within Hong Kong.
We have successfully sponsored a number of full-time candidates with employment visas and are able to offer this for the right candidate. Enrich is a signatory to the Racial Diversity and Inclusion Charter of the Equal Opportunities Commission.
How to apply:
All interested applicants should send full resume and a cover letter expressing interest in the role and detailing how your skills suit this role. Unfortunately due to anticipated high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only. Applications are welcome until the position is filled.