Christian Action was established in 1985 as a Hong Kong registered charitable organisation. Our mission is to serve those who are poor, disadvantaged, marginalised, displaced or abandoned, aiming to give them hope, dignity and self-reliance. Our service recipients include underprivileged children and youth, the unemployed, low-income families, ethnic minorities, refugees, migrant domestic workers, as well as orphans and abandoned children in Qinghai; we also run social enterprise programmes. Our services are based on the example of Jesus Christ to serve all people regardless of their age, gender, nationality and religion. Website: http://www.christian-action.org.hk/
- Develop and coordinate public awareness activities at schools, corporate organizations, interest and faith-based groups on refugee issues.
- Coordinate CFR’s food programme, include handling of petty cash, oversight of stock taking, volunteer engagement, and general operations.
- Coordinate CFR’s in-kind donation programme, include identification and development of in-kind donor base, oversight of stock taking and administration, and supervision of trainees.
- Provide translation and necessary assistance to complex cases needing protection.
- Handle the general maintenance of the Centre.
- Bachelor’s degree Social Work, International Studies or related discipline
- Knowledge of the needs of Refugees in Hong Kong and provide solutions to refugees to solve their difficulties (knowledge in Hong Kong Immigration, UNHCR, legal system)
- Experience working in an NGO or voluntary sector.
- Experience in delivering training in the particular service provision or relevant area and public speaking and making presentations to large audiences.
- Fundraising experience is an advantage.
- Excellent spoken and written English; Knowledge of Cantonese, French, Arabic, Kiswahili is an advantage.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office and basic database management and report writing skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and communications skills.
- Team player and able to work from own initiative.
Interested parties please send your resume (including present and expected salary) with applied position and reference code attention to Human Resources Division via one of the following recruitment channels: By mail to Christian Action, 5/F, 55 Clear Water Bay Road, Choi Wan (2) Estate, Kowloon ; OR By fax to 2382 8872 ; OR By email to firstname.lastname@example.org
All personal data provided will be kept confidential and used for recruitment purposes only. Applicants who are not contacted within six weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. The Organization will retain their applications for a maximum period of twelve months and may refer suitable applicants to other vacancies within the Organization.