Teach For Hong Kong is leading an education movement in social impact. As one of the fastest growing social impact start-ups in Hong Kong, we are looking for someone who can lead systemic change to education via leading a group of young future leaders and cooperating with cross-sector partners.
Chief Operating Officer/Program Director
He/she will play a key role in fulfilling the growth of our flagship Fellowship program by joining an ambitious team trying to reimagine social impact.
● Ensure the company has effective operational and financial procedures and execute any strategic initiative given by the Board and the CEO
● Analyze internal operations and identify areas of process enhancement
● Grow a group of young and aspirational Fellows into future leaders through leadership coaching and support
● Present TFHK in the external community to build and maintain essential relationships, including but not limited to investment banks, fund houses, multinational corporates, technology conglomerates etc.
● Liaise and engage with alumni community and accelerate alumni career development by identifying relevant opportunities
● Oversee company operations and employee productivity, building a highly inclusive culture ensuring team members thrive and organizational outcomes are met
● Manage and maintain key school and school sponsoring body relationships
● Manage Board relationship and report necessary items to the Board
● 5+ years of experience, preferably in startups, corporates, entrepreneurship, or fast-paced environments
● Superior oral and written communication skills (English and Chinese) with an innate attention to detail
● Excellent relationship management and interpersonal communication skills with proven team leading track record
● Purpose and results-driven with an ability to accomplish tasks on deadlines
● Understanding of Gen Z wants and needs, and ability to incorporate insights in diverse facets of work
● Adaptability, flexibility and the ability to cope with ambiguity and the ability to work effectively and creatively
● Experience in university/youth workshop training and delivery is preferred
Benefits (What We Commit To You)
● Competitive remuneration package in an ambitious, rapidly-expanding social impact start-up
● Professional development opportunities in leadership, career development, etc.
● Generous leave policy, including a “flexible working schedule”
● Mentorship by seasoned leaders across industries
● Work in a collaborative, energetic team working towards a grand vision for education
About Teach For Hong Kong
Teach For Hong Kong (TFHK) envisions a future where all children in Hong Kong have equal opportunity to access quality education and fulfill their potential.
We are a growing movement of young leaders that drive systemic changes in education with cross-sector collaboration. Through our one-year TFHK Fellowship Program, we empower the most promising young leaders to change Hong Kong, starting from leading classrooms in underserved schools.
We are now in our 6th year with 39 Fellows, teaching full-time in 16 local underserved schools and have served over 10,000 underserved students. We are also funded by the Government’s SIE Fund, The D. H. Chen Foundation, Swire Trust, and The Jockey Club Charities Trust and are thriving as one of the fastest growing social impact start-ups.
If you are interested in this position, please apply for the position via https://tfhk.typeform.com/to/uDlAE8Ir
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used for recruitment purposes only.