Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, the UN Refugee Agency, is recruiting a CRM Database Associate, carrying an external title of “CRM Database Manager”. The incumbent’s role is to work closely with business stakeholders to provide key organizational information through the effective implementation of data initiatives including data mining and development, data segmentation, performance analysis, predictive models, business intelligence reporting solution, Peer Review, GDII as well as by assisting the promotion of data aware culture throughout the Private Sector Partnerships (PSP) Hong Kong Unit.
This position is a UNOPS position with a contract which is renewable each calendar year.
Requirements and experience:
• High school/secondary diploma or completion of Tertiary Education with training in Business Administration, Economic, Statistic;
• Preferably with a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics/Business Administration or relevant discipline with a substantial quantitative analytical component (e.g., statistics, economics, management science/operations research, finance or data analytics, social research methods);
• Minimum three (3) years of relevant experience with high school diploma, two (2) years with Undergraduate / Bachelor’s degree or Graduate / Master’s degree, as a marketing/fundraising analyst;
• Ability to present data insights using data visualization tools (Power BI / Tableau / Qlikview / QlikSense)
• Strong experience with using complex datasets from multiple sources with analytical techniques
• Very good knowledge and experience of quantitative data analysis software (Excel proficiency required, Microsoft SQL, Visual Basic, R or Python)
• Experience with Salesforce NPSP (nonprofit cloud), Sales Cloud and Service Clod, Salesforce data tools, Propensity modelling and tools is preferred
• Previous full-time employment in non-profit sector or in marketing is desirable
Under the supervision of the Assistant PSP IG Officer, the incumbent’s responsibilities will include:
a. Assist implementation of the PSP Data Strategy Framework to reach PSP programmes objectives with action pillars included data architecture, data sources, data governance, data usage and the promotion of people and culture.
b. BI Analytics, Reporting & Modelling
• Play a key role in helping PSP analyses performance of donor acquisition and engagement, retention activities and donor prospecting by creating reports and dashboards
• Create performance reports, dashboards with data visualization tools, that helps PSP to reach programmes’ objectives
• Translate real-world and business scenarios into meaningful data flows and frameworks
• Shape the way PSP works with data, in line with the organization goals to create a single supporter view and donorcentric experience
• Monitor data quality and integrity and provide advice on data hygiene improvements
• Provide advice on analytics and reporting frameworks based on business needs and in line with the PSP Data Strategy and Digital Transformation Strategy
• Work with UNHCR Global Strategy and Analysis team and external vendors on supporter’s Life-Time Value (LTV), Propensity modelling and other similar reporting and analysis.
• Present written and verbal analysis, reporting, modelling, and research findings to key stakeholders by synthesizing complex data and concepts into easy-to-comprehend and comprehensive presentations for programmes’ improvement.
c. Project & Stakeholder Management
• Lead on design and delivery of training and training materials to team members
• Build PSP in-house capacity in business intelligence services and promote database user adoption 联合国难民事务高级专员署
• Participate in improving and developing data processes and adopting best practices, including sharing skills and knowledge within locally and globally units
• Work with a range of internal and external stakeholders to satisfy their business intelligence requirements for analysis, report creation, data extracts, data mining and data modelling within a strong project management framework
• Undertaking other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Closing date: 07 July 2022
Applicants who wish to be considered for this vacancy should send their
- signed Personal History Form (available at
- motivation letter
by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure that they are sent with the titles “your name Personal History Form” and “your name Motivation Letter”. Please put “CRM Database Associate” in the email subject line.
The appointment offer will be subject to the proof of vaccination against Covid-19 with WHO approved vaccine1, medical clearance and satisfactory reference checks.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and invited for the written test and interview.