UNHCR is a global organization, dedicated to saving lives, protecting rights and building a better future for refugees, forcibly displaced communities and stateless people. Every year, millions of men, women and children are forced to flee their homes to escape conflict and persecution. We are in over 130 countries, using our expertise to protect and care for millions. The UNHCR workforce consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions. UNHCR seeks to sustain and strengthen this diversity to ensure equal opportunities as well as an inclusive working environment for its entire workforce.
Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity. Please note that UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, travelling, processing, training or any other fees).
Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is recruiting a Digital Donor Care Assistant, carrying an external title of “Digital Donor Care Assistant”. The incumbent’s role is to support and carry out digital donor care use of all possible opportunities and platforms that may arise from donor retention
and development activities, and, whenever any digital initiative is planned, to integrate other donor care activities into donor development to enhance donor experience, hence life-time value of donors.
This position is a UNOPS position with a contract which is renewable each calendar year.
Requirements and experience:
• Completion of the Secondary Education. Higher Diploma is desirable in communications, social sciences, marketing and/or advertising. Candidates with a degree in other disciplines with a proven relevant professional record will be accepted
• Minimum 1 year of relevant work experience in donor/customer care using online channels
• Proven experience in executional support of fundraising and donor/customer care strategies through omnichannels
• Experience in using Excel and ability to comfortably use Excel to generate analytics
• Prior exposure to using Salesforce preferred
• Experience within the not-for-profit sector, United Nations agencies or international institutions would be an asset
• Knowledge and solid understanding of social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube
• Excellent verbal communications (both English and Chinese, particularly in Cantonese)
• Strong written skills (both English and Chinese), including the ability to extract bit-sized information to re-package it into digital donor care materials
• Knowledge in using Photoshop, video editing software, and Microsoft Office 365 products
• Proven ability to deal with multiple tasks in a courteous and service-oriented manner in a demanding working condition that often functions on short-term deadlines
• A team player, self-motivated, punctual, confident, and organized, with attention to detail
• Ability to work under pressure with flexible hours including evenings and weekends occasionally
Under the supervision of the Assistant PSP Individual Giving Officer (Donor Care), the incumbent’s responsibilities will include:
• Assist in the implementation and execution of digital donor care strategy
• Keep abreast with upcoming campaigns and assist in creating social medial content and assets to be shared with donors such as news updates on campaigns
• Help to maintain an accurate and up to date donor database
• Assist in responding to inquires/comments from donor on UNHCR Hong Kong’s digital and offline platforms 联合国难民事务高级专员署
• Assist in collecting email assets including images, statistics and digital contents relevant to specific emergencies/email asks in accordance to the content calendar
• Assist and coordinate procurement process and execute related administrative work that complement the above duties when necessary
• Any other responsibilities as delegated by the supervisor(s)
Closing date: 21 July 2022
Applicants who wish to be considered for this vacancy should send their
- signed Personal History Form (available at https://www.unhcr.org/hk/wpcontent/uploads/sites/13/2019/03/Personal_History_Form.zip); and
- motivation letter by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure that they are sent with the titles “your name Personal History Form” and “your name Motivation Letter”. Please put “Digital Donor Care Assistant” in the email subject line.
The appointment offer will be subject to the proof of vaccination against Covid-19 with WHO approved vaccine1 , medical clearance and satisfactory reference checks.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and invited for the written test and interview