Fair Employment Foundation builds market solutions to end the forced labour of migrant workers in Asia. We are a non-profit organisation based in Hong Kong. Our mission at Fair Employment Foundation is to build market solutions to end the forced labour of migrant workers across Asia.
Some of our initiatives are social businesses that generate revenue. Others are pioneering solutions and technologies that help workers and employers alike.
Since our set-up in 2014, we’ve:
● Placed 6000 workers into jobs safely via our nonprofit recruitment agency, Fair Employment Agency that never charges fees to workers, and helped drive down fees charged to workers from by 65% in the six years of operations in Hong Kong so far.
● Trained 750+ first-time migrant workers with life skills needed for successful migration at our nonprofit center, Fair Training Center in Manila, Philippines.
● Educated thousands of members of the public on fair hiring and management of migrant domestic workers with our Employer Education and Fair Hiring Pledge initiatives.
We are now ready to scale our solutions in Hong Kong, the Philippines and beyond, and we are looking for a talented and ambitious change-maker to join our growing team.
Want to be part of our team?
We need brilliant people who believe business can be a cause for good. We need people who think big, but don’t mind digging through the details as we continue to build something special. If this sounds like you, come join us!
● Developing and recommending, for Board approval, a 3 year strategy for making employers not just aware of the problem of unethical practices, but part of the solution in Hong Kong and beyond
● Oversee the development, implementation and measurement - both of results and impact at the individual entity and industry levels - of the Fair Group strategy
● Communicating and telling stories of the Fair Group impact to a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
● Building a stakeholder engagement plan that will motivate action towards behavioral change on the individual employer and the industry level
● Designing an operational plan and budget for implementing the strategy
● Raising funds to support the resources required to implement the strategy
What is it like to work in FEF?
● Meaningful work with a clear purpose
● Friendly and supportive working environment with passionate and energetic team members
● Embracing start-up culture of openness, innovation and autonomy
● Plenty of opportunities for personal and professional growth
● 15 days of paid annual leave with 17 public holidays in Hong Kong
● Medical insurance including dental coverage
● 5-day work week and overtime is discouraged
● Flexible working hours
Who are we looking for?
● A belief that forced labour IS in fact a solvable world problem
● 5+ years’ work experience in Asia, preferably within the migrant worker and/or social entrepreneurship spaces
● Strong sense of accountability and commitment to our mission
● A passion for leading and developing people and teams, collaboration and partnership both internally and externally
● A talent for telling stories, in oral and written form, that motivate individuals and stakeholders to action and behavior change
● Team player with an upbeat and positive attitude
● Self-motivated and proactive to find solutions to problems
● Approach challenges with grit and perseverance
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
● Immediate availability would be ideal
The Fair Employment Foundation Limited is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.For more information, please visit our website at www.fairgroup.org and our Linkedin page at https://www.linkedin.com/company/fairemploymentfoundation/