Uplifters, www.uplifters-edu.org is a non-profit organisation dedicated to empowering underprivileged communities with online education and peer coaching.
We were established in 2018 with the mission to enable migrant domestic workers to make their migration successful. Our core services combine technology with human warmth to enable personal growth. Since our establishment, more than 4,500 domestic workers have enrolled in our signature program, Prepare for the Future, a 6-month free money management, well-being and personal development online program.
We are a non-profit, but we are also a start-up. You will have full ownership of your projects and a chance to contribute to an ambitious mission to scale access to education and create systemic change.
Your mission: guarantee our organization runs smoothly with the highest level of transparency and accountability towards our different stakeholders. Part time permanent contract.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
Manage bookkeeping (invoices, bills, monthly bank reconciliation
Track and record payments, issue receipts and manage donor and client correspondence
Ensure timely payment to partners and other third parties.
In charge of purchases, and management of key third party administrative and operational service providers (e.g., IT consultant, landlord, auditor/company secretary, legal advisor, inland revenue).
Manage payroll, MPF processing and leaves-tracker
Deposit cheque and cash donation.
Maintain donor and key stakeholders database with contact details
Prepare annual budgeting in conjunction with the CEO
Manage financial reporting that includes monthly financial reports for CEO and Board of Directors (P&L against budget, Balance Sheet, Expenses records)
Coordinate and facilitate annual audit process with external auditors
Assist CEO in all donor proposals and lead all project/grant reporting
Review and negotiate all employee and third-party contracts (with the support of legal advisors, as needed);
Ensure Uplifters’ intellectual property is adequately protected;
Ensure Uplifters complies with all regulatory filings.
Ensure Minutes of Board meetings and resolutions are adequately prepared, signed and filed
Oversee the organization’s human resources processes and policies,
Manage employee and volunteer onboarding, and insurance benefits;
Oversee the maintenance of personnel records and update HR tools as needed (staff handbook, annual assessment…);
Assist the CEO in all aspects related to HR ( hiring process, quarterly and annual assessments etc.)
Student and client management: in charge of enrolling students in the courses, managing fees collection if any, ensure follow-up of paying clients and liaise with service providers regarding technical issues if cannot be resolved.
Event planning/management: plan, manage and execute events (such as launch events, ceremonies, workshops and team trainings or meetings) as required by the CEO, both within and outside Hong Kong – including preparation of materials and logistical arrangements.
Assist with ad-hoc projects and support teammates as needed.
● Minimum of a BA, ideally with an MBA/LLB/CPA or related post-graduate degree.
● High proficiency with Xero, Excel and Google suite.
● At least 5 to 10 years of overall professional experience; ideally five-plus years of broad financial and operations management experience including experience of final responsibility for the quality and content of financial data, reporting and audit coordination and has preferably overseen a human resources function previously.
● Strong cross-cultural understanding and experience.
● Fluency in written and spoken English, additional Asian language a plus.
● Available to work occasional weekends and evenings.
● The role can be structured as a 3-day or 4-day a week position based on the interest and experience of the individual. Situation/ Visa: able to work in Hong Kong. Flexi-work policy.
● Location: Wong Chuk Hang, Hong Kong
● Salary: negotiable depending on experience, MPF contributions.
● Generous holiday allowance (4 week paid leave per year on a full time basis in addition to all public holidays gazetted in Hong Kong) and option to ask for unpaid leave.
HOW WE WORK?
Guaranteeing an uplifting work environment is crucial to us and we look for people sharing our values and mindset. Namely:
● You ensure your teammates feel trusted and supported to do their best.
● You create a safe space, which is encouraging, non-judgmental and honest. This enables people to take initiatives and risks.
● You keep developing professionally and personally. As your own “cheerleader” you seize learning opportunities. Read, take a class, attend a conference... and share with the team!
● Stay positive! Acknowledge hurdles and work to overcome them.
● Share successes, even the smallest ones.
● Look back at your past achievements and leverage your strengths.
● You give honest and constructive feedback to your teammates, always in a kind and supportive manner.
● You look after your teammates. Bring them soup when they're sick & celebrate life’s little joys.
● Make sure your teammates feel safe to bring their true selves to work.
● You apologize when you realise your remarks may have been perceived as offensive, even if that was not your intention.
● Life is too short for work to be just work. There is always room for fun and spontaneity.
● To sum up, you are kind and benevolent. There is no tolerance here for misplaced ego and toxic work relationships.
To apply: send your resume and a statement of interest to email@example.com. We are seeking to fill the position as soon as possible so candidates will be interviewed on a rolling basis. Uplifters is an equal opportunity employ