Splash Foundation teaches people from under-resourced communities how to swim. By connecting those who can swim with those who want to learn, we offer an opportunity that empowers people and delivers results. We currently run programmes in Hong Kong for domestic helpers, kids from low income families and kids with special needs.
Our programmes are designed for people with little or no previous swim experience and aims to provide a baseline of skills that develops water confidence and allows people to enjoy the water safely. With a small internal team, Splash has built a large network of volunteer and professional coaches who execute nearly 100 programmes per year. Since 2015, we have taught over 3,000 people how to swim.
Splash is seeking a Fundraising and Sponsorship Manager. In this newly created position, this person will be responsible for developing and implementing a fundraising and sponsorship strategy that will support significant scaling of programming both within Hong Kong and internationally over the next 3-5 years. We are looking for a personable, detail oriented manager who has experience implementing and managing processes and
strategizing on growth opportunities.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
● Develop and implement Splash’s fundraising strategy, working together with the CEO and Board of Directors, with the goal of building diversified and sustainable income sources from individuals, corporates and foundations.
● Develop an engagement plan for different donor types and take a lead role incultivating and managing donor relationships
● Support and engage the Board of Directors in donor solicitation and stewardship
● Build internal infrastructure and processes that support the fundraising strategy, including maintaining accurate donation records, timely reporting and regular donor communications.
● Actively network with new potential donors and programme sponsors; identify opportunities for new funding streams and develop tools for tracking and reporting of new business
● Manage the strategy and organizing for 1-2 major fundraising events per year; analyze the performance of events and other fundraising activities for effectiveness
● Create marketing materials to be used for the promotion of events and other fundraising drives
● Draft and prepare fundraising proposals and grant applications as required
● Represent Splash at public events, fundraising events, and in donor meetings Attributes
The ideal candidate will be:
● Organised and diligent - manage multiple projects and comfortable working on many things at a time.
● Self-starter – conscientious and self-motivated as you will often be workingindependently
● Team player – Proven ability working closely and building relationships with diverse groups of people
● Flexible and hands-on – willing to work on a variety of tasks to get the job done
● Strong presentation and interpersonal skills
● 5-7 years work experience in a fast-paced, growth-oriented organization with minimum 3+ years of nonprofit fundraising experience
● Demonstrated ability to plan and execute fundraising activities and success raising HK$ 8 - 12 million annually
● Bachelor’s degree
● Excellent verbal and written English language skills; Cantonese speaking/writing skills desirable
● Experience with Salesforce a plus
● Hong Kong work authorization, no sponsorship provided
● Full time position but willing to consider part time/ flexible hours for the right candidate
● Competitive salary commensurate with experience
● Generous holiday allowance
● MPF contributions
Vision & Values
We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to learn how to swim. We are looking for a candidate that lives and breathes our values, namely:
● Welcoming: we are friendly, inclusive and open to all
● Heart: we are passionate about swimming and committed to helping people succeed
● Effective - we are thoughtful in our approach and deliver results.
Please submit a letter of interest and CV