Founded in 2016, Manan Trust is a grant-making charitable organisation in Hong Kong. We are an engaged funder and aim to drive long term change in communities by supporting high-quality and high-impact NGOs across Asia. We seek partnerships based on mutual trust and shared learning, and we support organisations that respect, empower, and value the strengths of local communities. We currently fund more than 20 projects in the areas of health and education in 8 countries across Asia. Manan facilitates the philanthropic giving of FSSA Investment Managers. www.manantrust.org
We are seeking a capable, enthusiastic and versatile Grants Administrator who will be responsible for the smooth-running of the Trust. They will be an integral member of the team and will provide a range of administrative and technical support. Manan is a young organisation – there is plenty of room to develop the role and grow within the team.
All Manan team members care deeply about issues of social inequality and justice. Our Grants Administrator must have empathy and strong cross-cultural communication skills as they will get to know our partner organisations, understand the issues they are tackling, and the challenges they face.
• Curious, empathetic and humble. Has a strong interest in social issues.
• Collaborative and positive in nature. An active listener who has a growth mind-set and is willing to accept feedback and learn from mistakes.
• Strong interpersonal skills. Able to communicate effectively in person, in writing, over the phone, and across cultures with internal and external parties at all levels.
• Flexible and adaptive. Able to change course and problem-solve in a dynamic work environment.
• Self-motivated and pragmatic. Able to handle multiple assignments simultaneously and meet deadlines with minimum supervision. Good with numbers and excellent attention to detail.
• Team support – Manage meeting appointments. Arrange international travel logistics including visas, flights, accommodation, and itineraries. Help team prepare for board meetings and take minutes.
• Grant management – Manage grant reporting and payment deadlines. Manage internal database (Salesforce).
• Accounts management – Process invoices and grant payments. Help prepare financial reports and budgets. Support on audit process.
Office administration – Liaise with third parties (i.e. banks, lawyers, IT, HR, etc.). Ensure compliance with relevant regulations. Maintain record-keeping systems. Flexibility to assist with ad-hoc duties as needed.
• Internal and external communications – Build good relationships with Manan team, FSSA staff, and grant partners. Support the development and implementation of communication strategy (i.e. internal newsletters, coordinating guest speakers in the office, etc.).
• Development sector insights – Stay updated on news and trends in development and philanthropy. Conduct ad-hoc research into the sector as needed.
• Improve systems – Continuously reflect on our operations and suggest/implement improvements when appropriate to ensure we are operating as efficiently and effectively as possible.
• Candidates with NGO or foundation work experience are preferred, fresh graduates also welcome to apply. Especially seeking those with experience in social work, finance/accounting, communications, journalism, or other related disciplines.
• University students with an interest in the field may be considered for a part-time role, depending on individual capabilities and qualifications.
• Basic IT skills (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) required. Experience with Salesforce desirable.
• Fluent English (both verbal and written) required. Proficiency in Cantonese, Hindi, Nepali, Khmer, Tagalog, Thai, or Burmese desirable.
• Must be permanent HKID card holder.
We value diverse life experiences and our positions are open to people of any race, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion, or belief.
Manan offers a competitive salary and benefits package and supports opportunities for training and professional development.
For interested parties, please send your CV and a short paragraph explaining your interest in this role