Animals Asia is an international animal charity devoted to ending the barbaric practice of bear bile farming, and improving the welfare of animals in China and Vietnam. We are seeking a passionate and highly creative Senior Graphic Designer to join our dynamic global fundraising team.
The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in delivering excellent creative solutions for print and digital ranging from direct mail, emergency appeals, supporter newsletters and emails, leaflets, posters, website, event collateral and digital graphics for social media. Your skills and expertise will contribute to growing the charity’s income and brand.
You will be comfortable juggling a number of different projects and prioritizing your work, have meticulous attention to detail and ensure brand guidelines are adhered to and communicated across the different departments of the organization. You will have at least 2 years’ experience and have worked within the fundraising/marketing unit at other NGOs, or at an agency servicing NGO clients. You’ll be proficient in using Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and Dreamweaver.
As the creative lead in our global team, you’ll be supporting a diverse range of fundraising activities by delivering an extensive range of high-quality, on-brand materials that meet the charity’s design needs.
As part of the Marketing/Communication team, work closely with our writers, Senior Graphic Designer and Production Manager to support all areas of fundraising with all design and artwork requests.
Contribute to conceptual and creative ideas and communications that can smoothly translate across all print and online collateral for all global activities
Implement brand guidelines into all design work and be brand champion for the charity, providing advice and support to other departments when necessary
Participates in concept, layout design and artwork production for all fundraising materials such as
Printed collateral such as direct mail, annual reviews, brochures, leaflets, newsletters
Digital marketing including eDMs, website and social media ads
Collateral including posters, banners, leaflets etc
Events materials or other ad hoc projects
Able to independently handle edms from concept to artwork as well as communicate with writers and other country offices to deliver the artwork on time
Meticulous accuracy and attention to detail when working on design and layout is essential, ensuring that the design and artwork delivered meet the expectations of Animals Asia and our supporters.
Able to handle a number of projects simultaneously; prioritise and schedule projects in anticipation of deadlines/delivery dates.
Knowledge of design web standards; working to and supplying artwork files and graphics in the correct formats.
Able to communicate effectively with other local team members as well as other country offices; able to work and solve problems independently.
Develop and maintain effective working relationships with management in regard to work procedures and employee relations.
● Reports to Senior Graphic Designer
● At least 4 years proven graphic design experience directly within the fundraising sector or at an agency servicing fundraising clients
● Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and knowledge of html coding
● Ability to handle complex design projects from concept to execution
● Willingness to work flexible hours to ensure that there is regular live discussion on projects with the copywriter and digital executives, based in the UK
● Bright, positive and enthusiastic with a strong work ethic and “can do” attitude
● Ability to problem solve and independently manage multiple projects
● Work collaboratively across multiple departments, teams and countries
● Independent, well organized, responsible & self-motivated
● Knowledge of emerging design and communications platforms like Canva, or willingness to learn would be an advantage
● Able to communicate effectively with other country offices as well as local teams; able to work and solve problems independently
● Fluent in English and Chinese
Interested parties should send their application letter and full resume, stating notice period, present and expected salary. Please quote the above position being applied for.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Applicants who have not received a reply after six weeks from the date of the advertisement should consider their applications unsuccessful.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment-related purposes only.