Fair Employment Foundation builds market solutions to end the forced labour of migrant workers in Asia. We are a non-profit organisation based in Hong Kong.
Some of our initiatives are social businesses that generate revenue. Others are pioneering solutions and technologies that help workers and employers alike.
Since our set-up in 2014, we’ve:
● Placed 5000 workers into jobs safely via our nonprofit recruitment agency, Fair Employment Agency that never charges fees to workers and since our launch, we have seen a dramatic reduction in fees charged to workers by 65% in the six years of operations in Hong Kong so far.
● Trained 600+ first-time migrant workers with life skills needed for successful migration at our partner nonprofit center, Fair Training Center in Manila, Philippines.
● Educated thousands of members of the public on fair hiring and management of migrant domestic workers with our Employer Education and Fair Hiring Pledge initiatives.
We are now ready to scale our solutions in Hong Kong, the Philippines, Malaysia and beyond, and we are looking for a talented and ambitious change-maker to join our growing team. Migration has the potential to help bring millions out of poverty. But current misalignments in the market leave workers vulnerable to exploitation and does disservice to employers. Sadly, this is a problem across industries globally.
Fortunately, we know it can be solved!
Since 2014, we have been building out market solutions that will make migration work better for everyone. Our initiatives are setting the standard for ethical recruitment, training for migration, and management.
Want to be part of ourteam?
We need brilliant people who believe business can be a cause for good. We need people who think big, but don’t mind digging through the details as we continue to build something special. If this sounds like you, come join us!
What does the Communications Manager do?
● Coordinate and lead communications programs and outreach.
● Oversee key communications channels - social media, newsletter, advertising etc.
● Design and manage public programs and events.
● Create and update marketing materials and documents in support of fundraising, donor engagement, and programs.
● Review content documents across all entities for relevancy, consistency, and brand alignment.
● Support on fundraising and grant-writing
What is it like to work in FEF?
● Meaningful work with a clear purpose
● Friendly and supportive working environment with passionate and energetic team members
● Embracing start-up culture of openness, innovation and autonomy
● Plenty of opportunities for personal and professional growth
● 15 days of paid annual leave with 17 public holidays in Hong Kong
● Medical insurance including dental coverage
● 5-day work week and overtime is discouraged
● Flexible working hours
Who are we looking for?
● 7+Years of Applicable Experience (applicants with less experience may be considered with an altered job title).
● Firm belief in social change and passion for helping others
● Strong sense of accountability and commitment to our mission
● Eagerness to learn and open to feedback
● Strong attention to detail
● Team player with an upbeat and positive attitude
● Self-motivated and proactive to find solutions to problems
● Approach challenges with grit and perseverance
● Excellent and clear communication and interpersonal skills
● Superior Command of written and spoken English and Fluency in Cantonese
● Immediate availability would be ideal
HKD 25,000 - 30,000
The Fair Employment Foundation Limited is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
For more information, please visit our website at www.fairgroup.org and our Linkedin page at https://www.linkedin.com/company/fairemploymentfoundation/
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your CV and cover letter.