|Job type:||Full Time|
|Contact name:||Nathan Chow|
|Published:||22 days ago|
Asian Venture Philanthropy Network, With over 600 members, AVPN is a unique and extensive funders’ network based in Singapore committed to building a vibrant and high-impact social investment community across Asia, including social finance, impact investing and gender-lens investing. As an industry network, AVPN embraces a wide range of engagements to improve the effectiveness of members across the Asia Pacific region from hosting the region’s largest annual gathering for 1,200 social investors, and ecosystem builders at the AVPN Conference in 2019, with 7,500 registered delegates at the 2020 virtual conference, to workshops, roundtables, webinars and regular member meet-ups. AVPN also produces research reports that support ecosystem development, hosts a platform to match the financial and non-financial resources of investors with investee organizations and runs an extensive communication platform which includes the AVPN website, a newsletter that is received by over 17,000 subscribers and a strong social media presence.
About the Role
We are in search of an enthusiastic, conscientious, and organized individual who is passionate about social impact to join AVPN as a Markets Senior Associate for Hong Kong. The successful candidate would work with the AVPN Hong Kong team, and the AVPN Singapore HQ team on supporting and growing the AVPN membership in Hong Kong, as well as contributing to AVPN projects that are delivered in Hong Kong.
AVPN has 47 members in Hong Kong and the AVPN Markets Senior Associate is expected to establish a strong working relationship with these members and support them to achieve their ambitions to grow the social investment eco-system in Hong Kong. The growth targets and development of AVPN services in Hong Kong will be a shared responsibility of the team currently based in HK, which includes the Chief Products Officer, Director of Hong Kong and South China, Platform Associate, and Markets Senior Associate, under the supervision of the Chief Products Officer. The successful candidate will need to be comfortable working
within a matrix organisational structure.
The role requires an effective communicator with an entrepreneurial attitude along with the ability to be comfortable working in a geographically dispersed team as well as a commitment to advocating for AVPN’s mission and vision. This role will be co-responsible for the membership base in Hong Kong, requiring a strong knowledge of the country’s social investment landscape including the roles played by the government, corporations, financial institutions and private wealth holders (family offices), as well as Trusts and Foundations. This role will report to the AVPN Hong Kong and South China Director.
● Support the Hong Kong Office through relationship management of existing members by helping provide value.
● Growth and retention of membership (shared targets)
● Work with other AVPN offices to strengthen the country-specific value proposition to the social investment community, including but not limited to wealth-holders, social purpose organisations, policymakers, and capacity builders.
● Identify fundraising opportunities in Hong Kong and work with other team members to develop proposals.
● Coordinate and support events and programmes that include members, SPOs and partners in Hong Kong, including but not limited to roundtable and panel discussions, workshops, webinars and seminars
● Effectively implement programs to achieve KPIs set by grants for this market
● Liaise and partner with Market Representatives in other regions to strengthen AVPN support for members and stakeholders on a regional level
● Representation of AVPN at external events in Hong Kong
Key Skills and Experiences:
● A minimum 2-3 years of experience in a related role.
● Demonstrated strong understanding of the social investment ecosystem in Hong Kong
● Experience in member/partnership management or business development
● Strong communication skills: ability to communicate internally with teams, represent AVPN externally and identify opportunities to support members in their efforts to achieve social impact.
● Good networking and prospecting skills combined with a strong marketing skills and ecosystem knowledge.
● Strategic thinker and planner with an ability to identify opportunities for membership growth and engagement
● Results-oriented attitude with clear focus on converting opportunities into outcomes
● Able to work in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of independence while proactive in sharing and leveraging network and knowledge with colleagues.
● A passion to contribute to the growth of social investment in Asia
● Team player attitude that puts organisation’s mission and team objectives first
● A confident and professional, service-oriented approach
● A high degree of attention to detail and accuracy]
● Excellent written and verbal communications in English and Chinese (Cantonese a must, Mandarin preferred)
● Ability to effectively work under tight deadlines and manage projects independently
The position is open until filled. Shortlisted applicants will be notified via email.