The Vine is a multi-cultural, inter-denominational, vibrant church community-based in the Wan Chai district of Hong Kong. We are both a local and an international family made up of people born and raised in Hong Kong, as well as those who have moved here from other countries. Currently, we have an opening for the Missions Pastor position.
This full-time role will lead The Vine Missions ministry across the 5 Missions Pathways of ministry and evangelism, anti-human trafficking, economic empowerment, childhood development, and creation care. The candidate will be part of the Justice & Missions Team and report to the Head of Justice & Missions.
The succeed the candidate will possess the ability to operate in a pastoral context within the church and across our local and international partners. They will also take initiative and responsibility for key projects and manage ongoing responsibilities. Core working hours are Sunday to Thursday.
The primary role and responsibilities of the Missions Pastor are as follows:
Strategy & Teaching:
● Plan and develop initiatives that inform and mobilize our congregation in their response to the social and spiritual issues across The Vine’s Missions Pathways
● Prepare and deliver teaching material that articulates The Vine’s theology, principles, and practices of Missions
● Deepen the integration of Vine Missions across existing ministries and broader church programs with support from the Missions Advisory Committee
● Build and deepen relationships with Vine Missions partners including highlighting the material and spiritual needs of partners internally and to our congregation
● Assist the Head of Justice & Missions in the assessment of potential partners and the monitoring and evaluation of existing partners
● Recruit and build relationships with volunteers from The Vine to support the work of our partners
Volunteers & Trips
● Identify Vine members who have a passion for Missions and train a team of volunteers to support Missions experiences
● Plan and organize mission experiences in terms of training, logistics, and attendance
● Work with our Missions partners to plan and oversee missions’ trips from a logistics and content perspective
● Ensure internal processes, documentation, reporting and general administration tasks are completed in line with existing practices and policies.
● 5-10 years of leadership experience in church ministry or Christian non-profit organizations
● Tertiary qualifications in theology, development studies, or related subjects
● Knowledge across a range of social, economic, and spiritual developmental issues
● A passion to see the personal, social, material, and spiritual well-being of every individual flourish
● Strong organizational and administration skills, including effective time management
● Good command of written and spoken English and Cantonese
● Preference for public speaking experience
How to apply
Please send your full C.V. and expected salary by email to .
Personal data provided by job applicants will be strictly used for recruitment purpose.