Fair Employment Agency (FEA) is a non-profit social business with a big ambition - We aim to reinvent the recruitment industry of migrant domestic workers and end forced labour in Hong Kong through ethical recruitment solutions.
For too long, domestic worker employment agencies have been making money from doing a bad job. Employers are charged for bad customer service, while agencies secretly charge domestic workers excessive fees. This illegal practice leaves domestic workers in debt bondage and fails employers.
But we believe there is a better way for employers and workers. We set up FEA in 2014 - a new kind of domestic worker agency that would not charge any fees to workers. From a small start-up six years ago, we now employ over 20 staff members in two branches and have saved over 5,500 domestic workers over millions in recruitment debt.
Do you want to make a difference and contribute to social change too? We are looking for a motivated change-maker to join our passionate team to advance our mission. Everyday, we are working with Hong Kong families and migrant domestic workers to create success for everyone: debt-free recruitment, lasting relationships, and happy households. Our workplace culture is unique, encouraging creativity, and innovation. We offer our employees unique opportunities to create social impact and grow in their jobs and careers. We are testing out an exciting new initiative of a 4-day work week (with same monthly salary and daily working hours) from mid Feb 2022 to provide better work-life balance for our staff. We value the input from all of our staff on this new initiative and we look forward to making this a permanent arrangement with the joint efforts of the whole team.
What does an Operations & Projects Manager do?
Organizing, Supporting & Supervising Team Case Work
● Coordinate work plans and staff schedule to achieve specified, clearly measurable targets
● Implement a range of standardized, operational procedures and systems to ensure that work is carried out efficiently and effectively
● Adapt work plans where necessary to meet customer expectations
● Improve team communications for successful handover and caseload management
● Facilitate effective and efficient service delivery
● Take accountability for obtaining satisfactory and timely resolution of complex/escalated customer complaints and issues
● Ensure sufficient follow through on action steps and inform the customer of the process
● Build and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders (i.e. partner agencies, liaison officers, service providers)
Risk & compliance
● Observe standardized processes to monitor team compliance relevant to service delivery to protect the interests of FEA and its customers at all times
● Ensure that team members receive and maintain appropriate induction and training in all relevant compliance procedures
● Maintain a strong knowledge of FDH guidelines and labour ordinances to strategically advise and mentor team members
● Highlight any instances of non-compliance to senior management
● Make appropriate contingency plans to manage service delivery safely and effectively in challenging/high risk situations
Analysis & reporting
● Review metrics and meet or exceed KPIs of the team
● Identify opportunities for improvement and communicate internally including to partner agencies and remote teams
● Use agreed procedures and templates to track relevant OKRs to company performance
● Conduct monthly and year-end analysis to report on risk/pipeline/actual performance vs. targets
Leadership & people management
● Motivate and encourage team performance by providing regular constructive feedback
● Assign and coordinate tasks for colleagues, third party suppliers and external partners to complete in accordance with contractual obligations and/or project requirements
● Create and revise training plan and training materials according to most updated SOPs
● Interview, select and onboard new team members
● Conduct training and coaching to new and existing team members
● Prepare and conduct timely performance reviews with team members
● Support team members in setting personal development goals to achieve a healthy work-life balance
● Manage day to day performance to ensure high quality service delivery is maintained at all times
● Research customer behavior and common customer responses to particular experiences
● Observe customers at various touch points throughout the service experience, identify problem areas and propose solutions
● Create new processes to improve observed issues
● Plan and execute user acceptance tests and feedback sessions
● Develop a customer loyalty program to ensure a steady pipeline
● Collaborate with Marketing and Client Care team to develop a Self-Service Community Portal for customers
● Support other managers in hosting/attending external events or meetings to promote the image and positive culture at FEA
Learning and engagement
● Develop a knowledge base/company wiki of essential content and best practices to be leveraged by team members and FEF companies
● Collate case studies for training and collaborate with Marketing team to promote stories that will strengthen the FEA brand
● Assist the General Manager in developing an employee engagement and talent acquisition strategy
What is it like to work in FEA?
● Exciting new initiative to test out in mid Feb 2022: 4-day work week with same monthly salary and daily working hours!
● Meaningful work with a clear purpose
● Friendly and supportive working environment with passionate and energetic team members
● Embracing start-up culture of openness, innovation and autonomy
● Plenty of opportunities for personal and professional growth
● Paid annual leave with 17 public holidays in Hong Kong
● Medical insurance
● Overtime is discouraged
● Flexible working hours
● Check out our Instagram account to know more about life at FEA: https://www.instagram.com/lifeatfea/
Who are we looking for?
● Firm belief in social change and passion for helping others
● Strong sense of ownership and commitment to FEA’s mission
● A team player with upbeat, positive attitude with a knack for problem solving
● High level of detail orientation
● Strong command of project management skills
● Ability to maintain composure and customer focus
● Self-motivated and proactive to find solutions to problems
● Approach challenges with grit and perseverance
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
● Excellent Command of written and spoken English
● Bahasa or Tagalog Language proficiency (preferred)
● Eagerness to learn and open to feedback
● Experience with ethnic minorities or foreig domestic workers is a plus - what’s more important, however, is your willingness to learn and grow with our team and you passion for helping others.
● Immediate availability would be ideal
Fair Employment Agency is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our organisation. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
For more information, please visit our website at www.fairagency.org and our Linkedin page at https://www.linkedin.com/company/fairagency
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your CV and cover letter.