Fair Employment Agency (FEA) is a non-profit social business with a big ambition - We aim to reinvent the recruitment industry of migrant domestic workers and end forced labour in Hong Kong through ethical recruitment solutions.
For too long, domestic worker employment agencies have been making money from doing a bad job. Employers are charged for bad customer service, while agencies secretly charge domestic workers excessive fees. This illegal practice leaves domestic workers in debt bondage and fails employers.
But we believe there is a better way for employers and workers. We set up FEA in 2014 - a new kind of domestic worker agency that would not charge any fees to workers. From a small start-up six years ago, we now employ over 20 staff members in two branches and have saved over 5,000 domestic workers over millions in recruitment debt.
Do you want to make a difference and contribute to social change too? We are looking for a motivated change-maker to join our passionate team. Everyday, we are working with Hong Kong families and migrant domestic workers to create success for everyone: debt-free recruitment, lasting relationships, and happy households. Our workplace culture is unique, encouraging creativity, and innovation. We offer our employees unique opportunities to create social impact and grow in their jobs and careers. If this interests you, read on!
What does an Operations Consultant do?
● Guide and support employers and workers throughout the process
● Liaise with relevant institutions in Hong Kong and the Philippines
● Facilitate end-to-end visa process for migrant domestic workers
● Track process and client engagement via our CRM system
● Improve our service by recommending new practices
What is it like to work in FEA?
● Meaningful work with a clear purpose
● Friendly and supportive working environment with passionate and energetic team members
● Embracing start-up culture of openness, innovation and autonomy
● Plenty of opportunities for personal and professional growth
● 15 days of paid annual leave with 17 public holidays in Hong Kong
● Medical insurance including dental coverage
● 5-day work week and overtime is discouraged
● Flexible working hours
Who are we looking for?
● Firm belief in social change and passion for helping others
● Strong sense of ownership and commitment to FEA’s mission
● A team player with upbeat, positive attitude with a knack for problem solving
● Ability to maintain composure and customer focus
● Self-motivated and proactive to find solutions to problems
● Approach challenges with grit and perseverance
● Eager to learn and open to feedback
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
● Good Command of written and spoken English and Fluency in Cantonese
● Ability to speak Bahasa Indonesian would be a big advantage
● Customer service and/or sales experience is a plus - what’s more important, however, is your willingness to learn and grow with our team and your passion for helping others.
● Immediate availability would be ideal
Fair Employment Agency is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our organisation. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.