ImpactHK is a non-profit that provides the homeless in Hong Kong with friendship, food, shelter, education and jobs. It believes in the power of kindness in tackling the pressing problem of homelessness in Hong Kong. Every day ImpactHK is on the streets supporting the homeless with essentials, building trust and friendships. These friendships open doors towards housing, job creation, sports, counselling, mentorship and nutrition programmes which empower our service users with pride, health and happiness. It is an innovative and dynamic organisation that has helped more than 180 people into shelter in just three years and supported many more with employment opportunities. It has a core team of ten staff, as well as employing eight formerly homeless individuals full time.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Senior Operations Officer (Programmes), the Operations Officer will provide all-rounded administrative, financial and operational support to the Programmes team including:
● Identify programme / services procedural, internal control and accountability gaps, make policies and guidelines to fill the gaps, monitor on-going implementation.
● Build infrastructure for service delivery, documentations, finance, outputs and outcomes monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
● Budget Control and compliance with internal accounting & finance policy, manage the team petty cash.
● Manage financial record, booking record, contracts, and other logistics of our housing service.
● Compile monthly service statistics, keep suitable records, provide data for assist in report writing.
● Manage in-kind donation outflow and allocation.
● Coordinate between departments to ensure smooth internal operation.
● Develop and write up SOP and internal service standards.
● Provide I.T. support to the team, develop membership management and casework management I.T. system.
● Provide all-round supports to the administrative and operational needs of the team.
● Perform other related duties as assigned and according to the need of further service development.
● University graduates with at least5+ years of work experience, at least 3 years in the Non-Profit sector.
● Degree or above in administrative management / operations management / Social Science or other related disciplines.
● Strong English and Cantonese communication skills are musts.
● Detail-minded and open-minded, flexible and adaptive to changes, able to work with multi-disciplines.
● Experiences in setting up SOP, SQS, and SQS compliance are advantages.
● High proficiency in Excel, proficiency in MS Office Suite and its Google counterpart, knowledge of Salesforce is a plus.
● Compassionate and empathetic to the situation of the homeless and the underprivileged in Hong Kong.
● Candidates with less experience can be considered as Senior Operations Officer