HandsOn Hong Kong (HOHK) is a registered charity whose mission is to empower everyone in Hong Kong to volunteer. We envision a community where everyone serves to meet social needs. Founded in 2007, the organization develops service programs to help local, under-served non-profit organizations and connects them with the volunteer manpower they need to achieve their mission. Each month, HOHK runs up to 200 volunteer activities as a free public service, supporting our 100+ NGO partners who focus on causes such as alleviating poverty, educating children, assisting the elderly, empowering people with disabilities, feeding the poor, helping the homeless, supporting animal welfare, environmental conservation and more. www.handsonhongkong.org
Title: Program Administrator
Reports to: Program Officer
Job purpose: Our Program Administrator supports the management and coordination of HandsOn volunteers and volunteer leaders who give their time to serve the community. This person will provide regular communications that empower volunteers to participate in service programs supporting 100+ nonprofit partners and provide meaningful volunteer opportunities for the public. This role is ideal for an individual with administrative experience and a passion for supporting the local community.
Type of role: Part-time
Schedule of work:Half days, from Monday to Friday, or 2- 3 full working days per week
Place of work:HandsOn Hong Kong office, Cheung Sha Wan, Kowloon
Remotely / from home when necessary
Program work throughout Hong Kong
● Provide administrative support towards our volunteers that allows the effective management and smooth running of the HandsOn calendar, including:
● Send out daily service reminders, SMS, and follow up emails (if needed) to registered volunteers
● Sharing the volunteer lists to respective NGO contact persons and volunteer leaders
● Address general enquiries at HOHK@handsonhongkong.org
● Address general enquiries via office line/working phone
● Filing email templates for volunteer activities
● Support HandsOn’s volunteer recognition program, including appreciation events and orientation sessions.
● Liaise closely with the Program Officer regarding volunteer recruitment needs and programs for spotlighting, by following up with the signup rate.
● Support program officers with HandsOn volunteer data, such as exporting or cleaning the data by using Excel to support analysis and marketing
● 5 passes or above in HKCEE or HKDSE
● 1 year of work experience
● Passion for community involvement and commitment to HandsOn’s mission of service
● Strong self-organization and time-management skills
● Desire to motivate and recognise the work of volunteers
● A capable communicator, written and spoken Cantonese and English required
● Working Days: Optional for 5 half days per week or 2-3 working days per week
To apply: Please send cover letter and CV, also include current and expected salary. References to be provided upon request. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted individually.