Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is recruiting a Private Sector Partnerships Assistant (Private Partnerships & Philanthropy), carrying an external title of “Assistant PSP Executive”.
The incumbent’s role is supporting Assistant PPH Officer’s work to perform relational fundraising, donor engagement and communications, plus providing high quality donor care services for PPH donors.
Education and Work Experience
- Completion of the Secondary Education, degree is desirable in Communications, Marketing, Translation, International Relations, Business Administration, or a related field. Candidates with a degree in other disciplines with a proven relevant professional record will be accepted
- Minimum one year working experience with proven record in account/relation management, telemarketing, donor relations, marketing communications or fundraising in Hong Kong
- Preferable with experience in managing, cultivating, and providing service to high-end clients, middle or major donors, corporations is a definite advantage
- Understanding of and strong commitment to UNHCR's mandate, mission, vision, and persons-of-concerns
- Subscription to and integration of UNHCR's codes of conduct and core values
- Professional, highly presentable and possess a donor-centric attitude
- Skillful communicator, able to establish relationships with donors over the phone and via email
- Good understanding of prospecting, cultivation, solicitation, negotiation and closing gifts
- High level of personal and professional integrity, including the ability to maintain confidentiality regarding donor profiles and personal information
- Good market knowledge of Private Sector Fundraising focused on high-tiered middle and major donors in Hong Kong is preferred
- Proficiency in MS office especially MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Experience working within a CRM, e.g. Salesforce is a definite advantage
- Proficiency in written and spoken Chinese (Cantonese and Putonghua) and English
- Ability to work flexible hours including some evenings and weekends and a commitment to working on events that fall outside of office hours
- Ability to work independently and under pressure
- Attention to details, high accuracy and result-oriented
- Add value to the major donors stewardship and prospects cultivation journeys through one- to-one telecommunication and email to ensure key performance indicators are met, including but not limited to raise fund for special appeals and emergencies, donor reactivation, upgrade and retention calls, plus one-off conversion
- Assist the execution of donor engagement and communications in reaching annual cultivation, solicitation, and revenue targets
- Steward and manage the assigned donor groups to ensure proper file movement and optimize donor potential
- Conduct due diligence to research donor for screening purposes
- Regularly housekeep donor data, donation history and communications at database (Salesforce) to ensure information is most up-to-date
- Provide fundraising, administration, logistics and other necessary support across different PSP teams when required
Closing date: 20 January 2022
Applicants who wish to be considered for this vacancy should send their - signed Personal History Form <available at https://www.unhcr.org/hk/wp-content/uploads/sites/13/2019/03/Personal_History_Form.zip>; and - motivation letter by email only to the email address stated on our website <https://www.unhcr.org/hk/en/job-opportunities>. Please ensure that they are sent with the titles “your name Personal History Form” and “your name Motivation Letter”. Please put “PSP Assistant (PPH)” in the email subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and invited for the written test and interview.