Established in 2010, the Youth Arch Foundation (YAF) is a charitable organization dedicated to serving youth in Hong Kong. YAF strives to recognize and foster youth talents, and to encourage youth to contribute to society through community services.
YAF presents two awards annually that aim at commending promising secondary school students, namely the Hong Kong Outstanding Students Award (since 1985) and the Youth Arch Student Improvement Award (formerly known as the Most Improved Students Award) (since 1991). A wide range of activities (e.g. Student Internship Program, Overseas Service Trip, Career and Life Planning Support Programs) are organized for awardees to actively participate in community services and to realize leadership potential. In addition, YAF established the Youth Committee that provides platforms for youth to interact and learn from each other; and to support youth in terms of their personal, educational, career and life developments. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Program Director is responsible for providing leadership, and planning programs and events related to youth development to ensure that the programs and initiatives are aligned with value statements and strategic plans set by the Foundation.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Program Director is responsible for providing leadership, and planning programs and events related to youth development to ensure that the programs and initiatives are aligned with value statements and strategic plans set by the Foundation.
1) To initiate, design, develop and manage programs, events and other initiatives related to youth development
2) To pitch for funding, including proposal writing, program planning and smooth execution, and program evaluation
3) To develop and execute a systemic plan for the Secretariat to accomplish specific objectives by setting priorities, goals, reporting system, work schedule and budgeting
4) To build a good relationship with members of the Foundation, awardees, and youth members by actively engaging them in key events
5) To develop relationships with various stakeholders (e.g., schools, parents, related associations, partners with similar vision & mission etc.)
6) To raise the profile of the Foundation by building brand awareness and recognition and developing a good relationship with its stakeholders
Qualifications and Experience
1) Degree holder with minimum 8 years of work experience and with proven leadership abilities in non-profit organizations or corporate (candidates with 5 years of work experience may be considered as Program Manager)
2) Solid work experience in non-profit youth organizations and/or education an advantage
3) Passionate about youth development and training, willing to serve and work with youth
4) Proven experience in the successful funding application and execution
5) Strong organizational and management skills and attention to detail and numbers
6) Good communication skills in English and Chinese, both written and spoken
7) Knowledgeable in MS Office and Chinese processing
1) Strong leadership and collaborative abilities in working with peers, youth, and volunteers
2) Strong sense of responsibility and reliability
3) Optimistic personality to handle high pressure environment and tight schedule
4) Strong ability to work independently, proactively, and efficiently
5) Capable of balancing competing priorities and meeting deadlines for multiple assignments concurrently
6) Willing to venture into new areas of responsibilities
7) Flexible to work on weekends/evenings and overseas occasionally
Basic Starting Monthly Salary:
(Salary level will be commensurate with qualifications and experience of the candidate)
Annual leave, medical benefit and MPF
A cover letter outlining your suitability for the position, together with a personal resume on career experience, qualifications, current and expected salary and earliest start date, should be sent by 29 July 2022.
Candidates who are shortlisted for an interview will receive an invitation in about three to five weeks from the date of application. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
(All personal data provided will be kept confidential and used for recruitment related purposes only. Unsuccessful applicants’ application documents and other personal data will be destroyed 12 months after the recruitment process is completed. YAF will ask prospective employees to conduct Sexual Conviction Record Check if necessary.)