Established in 2010, the Youth Arch Foundation (YAF) is a charitable organization dedicated to serving youth in Hong Kong. YAF strives to recognize and foster youth talents; and to encourage youth to contribute to society through community services.
YAF presents two awards annually that aim at commending promising secondary school students, namely the Hong Kong Outstanding Students Award (since 1985) and the Youth Arch Student Improvement Award (formerly known as the Best Improved Students Award) (since 1991). A wide range of activities (e.g., Student Internship Program, Overseas Service Trip, Career and Life Planning Support Programs) are organized for awardees to actively participate in community services and to realize leadership potential. In addition, YAF established the Youth Committee that provides platform for youth to interact and learn from each other; and to support youth in terms of their personal, educational, career and life developments.
Reporting to the Program Director, the Program Executive (or the Program Manager) is responsible for managing programs and marketing of the Foundation related to youth development.
1) To initiate, develop and manage programs, events and other initiatives related to youth development
2) To build a good relationship with members of the Foundation, awardees, and youth members by actively engaging them in key events and organizing regular member activities
3) To develop and implement integrated communications strategies through online platforms, campaigns or other means
4) To implement working processes for effective office operations
5) To perform general office administration and other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience
1) Minimum 2 years of work experience with proven abilities in event management (candidates with 5 years of work experience may be considered as Program Manager; fresh graduates with high potential will also be considered)
2) Solid work experience in non-profit organizations and/or sound knowledge of event management an advantage
3) Passionate about youth development and training, willing to serve and work with youth; possessing youth-related service experience an advantage
4) Experience in media / public relations / social media marketing an advantage
5) Strong ability in program development and management, attentive to details
6) Strong analytical mind with reasonable judgment
7) Good communication skills in English and Chinese, both written and spoken
8) Strong sense in presentation, content development and visuals development
9) Knowledgeable in MS Office and Chinese processing; and in the photo and video editing, an advantage
1) Collaborative abilities in working with peers, youth and volunteers
2) Strong sense of responsibility and reliability
3) Optimistic personality to handle the high-pressure environment and tight schedule
4) Ability to work independently, proactively and efficiently
5) Willing to venture into new areas of responsibilities
6) Flexible to work on weekends/evenings and overseas occasionally
Basic Starting Monthly Salary:
(Salary level will be commensurate with qualifications and experience of the candidate)
Annual leave, medical benefit and MPF
Cover letter outlining your suitability for the position, together with a personal resume on career experience, qualifications, current and expected salary and earliest start date before 12 August 2022.
Candidates who are shortlisted for an interview will receive an invitation in about three to five weeks from the date of application. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled. Experienced candidates will be considered for the position of Program Manager.
(All personal data provided will be kept confidential and used for recruitment-related purposes only. Unsuccessful applicants’ application documents and other personal data will be destroyed 12 months after the recruitment process is completed. YAF will ask prospective employees to conduct a Sexual Conviction Record Check if necessary.)