REACH (www.reach.org.hk) believes that the cultivation of a reading habit is one of the most sustainable and impactful means in maximizing life opportunities of underserved children in Hong Kong. Since 2013, REACH has partnered with Kindergartens, Primary Schools and Community Centers in delivering proprietary reading programmes to thousands of students and families in Hong Kong.
Working closely with Co-founders of REACH, the Programme Coordinator will be responsible for designing and executing REACH reading programme for underserved primary and kindergarten students in Hong Kong. The Programme Director will also be heavily involved with working closely with our partnering organisations to ensure smooth operations of REACH reading programme. This is a unique and exciting opportunity for anyone who is interested to pursue a career in education philanthropy. You will be able to leverage the strong platform REACH has already accumulated and work with Co-founders who have over 18 years of experience in Education and charity operations.
We are looking for people who share a strong passion in Education especially in reading and are determined to pursue a career in Nonprofits. Bachelor or Master’s degree from all disciplines with 1-3 year of prior teaching experience will be preferred. Fluency in Cantonese and English is a must.
- Teach English to children aged 3 to 11 years old
- Create and prepare lesson plans for various age groups and skill levels to promote English literacy, creativity and learning
- Cultivate a love for reading and learning and encourage curiosity and continued improvement
- Assist with other operations of the charity when needed
- Work closely with different stakeholders such as charity partners, teachers and parents to ensure smooth operation of the programme
- Fluent English Speaker with strong verbal and written communication skills. Cantonese is a must
- Bachelor or Master’s degree from all disciplines with 1-3 year of prior teaching experience will be preferred
- Creative, enthusiastic and compassionate teacher who enjoys working with kids
- Highly organised with efficient time management skills and able to work independently and in a team
- Work well under pressure and able to take on multiple tasks at once and prioritize them by importance and relevance
- Prepare to work on Saturdays if needed
- Keeps a positive, respectful attitude and passionate for learning and sharing your knowledge with others