Mother’s Choice is a local charity serving the many children without families and pregnant teenagers in Hong Kong. We join hands with our community to give hope and change the life stories of vulnerable girls and babies.
Our vision is to see every child in a loving family
Our staff are creative, collaborative, and willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done. They embody our core values and believe in our vision and mission. If you enjoy a work environment that is challenging, rewarding and making an impact, we invite you to consider a career with Mother’s Choice.
The successful candidate for Senior Officer, Fundraising (Major Donors) will take the lead in establishing and implementing the infrastructure needed to grow Mother's Choice annual budget in the area of Major Gifts to support the work of Mother's Choice into the future. The role will entail creating annual development and fundraising plans with measurable objectives to establish a strong and diversified base of support including: to build and execute a more systematic engagement plan to connect and build stronger relationships with major donors, which ultimately leads to increased and/or recurring giving. This successful candidate will have a passion for Mother's Choice vision and a strong commitment to securing resources to support its vision and mission.
• Set up the infrastructure to proactively manage a promising and growing portfolio of Major Donors (aka High Network Individuals);
• Develop the framework for cultivation, solicitation and stewardship whilst ensuring that the framework is complete, strategic, sustainable and effective;
• Review the major donor database to build personas and to further segment so as to identify donors who are truly "High Net Worth Individuals" and/or have capacity to eventually contribute to a capital campaign;
• Map out the various opportunities to build relationships with major donors (in-person visit, committee support, timely communications, cultivation events, volunteer opportunities);
• Identify, research and create cultivation plans for each of the "top" major donors;
• Recommend how best to leverage existing donors/volunteers in the cultivation process and/or to engage, prepare and support senior-most volunteers and Board members in their ambassadorship on behalf of MC as necessary to carry out strategies;
• Make recommendations to how best to use Salesforce to maintain accurate and updated donor records
• A university degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related disciplines;
• Minimum 6 years fundraising experience;
• Proven success in in securing major gifts and track record of delivering against targets;
• Proficiency in Salesforce or similar software; and
• Must share the commitment of Mother’s Choice in upholding the safety and protection of children as paramount.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, full resume quoting the job reference number (Ref: R4G/220617/Fund_SO_MD) and expected salary.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only. Applicants who do not hear from us within two months may consider their application unsuccessful. Mother’s Choice is committed to diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer