Mother’s Choice is a local charity serving the many children without families and pregnant teenagers in Hong Kong. We join hands with our community to give hope and change the life stories of vulnerable girls and babies. Our vision is to see every child in a loving family.
Our staff are creative, collaborative, and willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done. They embody our core values and believe in our vision and mission. If you enjoy a work environment that is challenging, rewarding and making an impact, we invite you to consider a career with Mother’s Choice.
The Senior Program Officer (”SPO”) will proactively coordinate the Early Intervention Services (“EIS”) program to children under our care and training curriculum for caregivers. The SPO will collaborate with the interdisciplinary team and use the 'best practice' guide to research, develop, implement, promote, monitor, and evaluate Early Intervention programs and initiatives benefiting children, carers and staff. You will play a critical role in ensuring the success of Mother’s Choice’s (“MC”) outreach EIS programs as well as compliance with relevant child protection policies and procedures in Hong Kong. The role requires working closely with Managers across MC to ensure that EIS can reach all children and carers under our care.
• Coordinate all EIS inquiries and referrals in a professional manner.
• Develop a system that ensures caseworkers and the EIS team have coordinated to arrange access to EIS including screening, assessment and therapy sessions.
• Support the Assistant Director (AD) in rollout of early intervention education programs across MC, including the first 100 days parenting program, transition program and future educational programs.
• Assist the AD in promoting Early Intervention programs to stakeholders to facilitate multi-agency collaboration (this could include external professional support, government, peer agencies, and the public).
• Monitor the program performance and outcomes through collection and analysis of data, prepare reports for internal and external stakeholders.
• Conduct holistic assessments of the needs, resources, strengths, and threats and barriers to the EIS.
• Collaborate with Volunteer Engagement Team to outline the scope of relevant policies/procedures to expand the EIS outreach program by professional volunteers.
• Committed to self-learning and continuous personal development through training and courses.
• Must share the commitment of Mother's Choice in upholding the safety and protection of children as paramount.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• University degree or above.
• 5 years or more of experience in program execution and management.
• Experience in Early Childhood Special Education/ Child Care residential home is an advantage.
• Highly developed interpersonal skills (telephone and face-to-face communication).
• Flexibility in work practices to meet program requirements.
• Good command of written and spoken English and Chinese; ability to communicate effectively in Cantonese is a must.
• Computer literacy.
• Attention to detail.
• Excellent coordination, planning and organizational skills.
• Analytical, research, report-writing and presentation skills.
• Strong teamwork and relational skills.
• Demonstrated experience in facilitating change and managing key stakeholders.
• Must share the commitment of Mother’s Choice in upholding the safety and protection of children as paramount
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, full resume quoting the job reference number (Ref: R4G/210929/EIS_SPO) and expected salary.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only. Applicants who do not hear from us within two months may consider their application unsuccessful. Mother’s Choice is committed to diversity and
inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer