Mother’s Choice is a local charity serving the many children without families and pregnant teenagers in Hong Kong. We join hands with our community to give hope and change the life stories of vulnerable girls and babies. Our vision is to see every child in a loving family.
Our staff are creative, collaborative, and willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done. They embody our core values and believe in our vision and mission. If you enjoy a work environment that is challenging, rewarding and making an impact, we invite you to consider a career with Mother’s Choice.
Senior Project Officer, Impact Measures (Ref: R4G/211224/SPO_IM)
We are looking for a Senior Project Officer, Impact Measures to collaborate with services teams using high quality data to build credible evidence-proven and impactful models for working with vulnerable children, youth, families in Hong Kong.
1. Embed Metrics Across Services
· Work in collaboration with services teams to match the strategic outcomes with the appropriate indicators for each service.
· Support services teams to refine KPIs for identifying the outputs that reflect the factors we control and contextualizing our numbers that presents the outcomes and ensure timely delivery of related reports for our stakeholders including Board, Grants, Donors and so on.
· Support Services team in adapting/developing suitable system and tools to collect, analyze, find patterns and report on the output and outcomes.
· Support Directors team in identifying and tracking a set of credible data for reporting, funding applications and any other usage suitable for a variety of stakeholders.
· Consolidate and align the source, rationale and definition of data to be collected and document the process of embedding metrics across services for capacity building and community education planning.
· Source and build up a database of external data and research Mother’s Choice can use for benchmarking and referencing purpose.
2. Build Credible Evidence-Proven Model
· Mobilize community resources including volunteers to research on best practice models in the Family and Children Social Welfare field as references for developing MC’s intervention models.
· Support Services teams in developing their logic evidence-proven theoretical models of intervention that serve as a framework to put measures in place in measuring its progress and outcomes.
· Identify, engage and work hand-in-hand with academic partners to put the evaluative framework in place for proofing the models.
· Drive, manage and monitor the research process to ensure timely delivery of aligned deliverables.
3. Building Capacity
· Develop IM core training to provide regular training/support sessions to build services teams’ capacity in capturing and presenting the required data and consistently meet the data quality standards.
· Work in collaboration with MarCom team to identify pro-bono support that can capacity build Services Managers in data journalism – communicating compelling stories to stakeholders.
· Work in collaboration with IT team to leverage on technology to develop user-friendly dashboards that enable our staff to streamline and work more effectively to tabulate and analyse data.
· In consultation with IT team, develop a manual for using Qlik to manage and display data using simple formulae and functions.
· Undertake other duties as assigned.
· University degree or above
· 5 years or more of relevant work experience in data management and analysis, preferably with a background in social research
· Advance knowledge in MS Office particularly in Microsoft Excel
· Knowledge in big data analytics such as identifying and extracting data from database systems and setting up said data for analysis and visualization is preferred. Hands-on experience in such fields and software (e.g. Salesforce and Qlik) is an advantage
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both Chinese and English
· Proven organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks with a high degree of accuracy
· Self-directed and able to follow through on tasks and responsibilities independently
· Able to work some evenings and weekends for programs related tasks/activities
· Passionate about the Mother’s Choice mission and committed to the strategic vision and future plans of the organization
· Must share the commitment of Mother’s Choice in upholding the safety and protection of children as paramount.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and full resume quoting the job reference number (Ref: R4G/211224/SPO_IM) and expected salary.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only. Applicants who do not hear from us within two months may consider their application unsuccessful. Mother’s Choice is committed to diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer.