Redress is an environmental charity with a mission to prevent and transform textile waste to catalyse a circular economy and reduce fashion's water, chemical and carbon footprints. Our programmes work to change mindsets to stop the creation of textile waste now and in the future, as well as creating partnerships that showcase value in existing waste. Working directly with designers, manufacturers, brands, educational bodies, government and consumers, Redress aims to create lasting environmental change in fashion.
We are hiring a Store Manager to manage our brand new secondhand clothing charity shop in Sham Shui Po, The Redress Closet.
As Store Manager you will help to drive sales of secondhand clothing to raise money for Redress and help to educate our customers about why shopping secondhand is better for our planet and about Redress' work to cut waste out of fashion. You will also help to drive our shop marketing including running in-store marketing campaigns and leading on content creation for the shop’s social media account.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Hong Kong, fluent in both Cantonese and English, and passionate about fashion with a good knowledge of a range of fashion brands.
Work hours are Wednesday-Sunday, 11.30am-7.30pm
● Open, run and close the shop
● Replenish shop stock regularly, including unboxing, pricing and steaming new stock, and arranging it on the stop floor
● Make pricing decisions about new stock based on the garment's brand, type and condition
● Manage store inventory needs and communicate these needs with the Redress team
● Maintain the shop looking immaculately tidy and attractive
● Train and manage 1-2 Sales Assistant(s) including scheduling, hours-tracking and in-store management
● Track, analyse and report on sales data, foot traffic and customer feedback to the Redress team
● Communicate about Redress' work to customers
● Complete the daily Shop Survey at end of each day
● Represent Redress in a professional, polite and friendly manner at all times
● Fluent in English and Cantonese
● 1 year Management experience
● 2 years retail shop experience
● Interest in fashion and knowledge of fashion brands
To apply, please send the following:
● Your CV
● A short cover letter telling us why you want to work for Redress