Branches of Hope (“BOH”) is a Hong Kong based non-profit organization established to serve as a beacon of hope to the most overlooked, ignored and vulnerable in our society, and constitutes the social justice expression of The Vine Church. Based on the core values of dignity, justice and hope, BOH currently supports two separate marginalized communities: a) victims of human trafficking, and b) refugees and asylum seekers.
STOP (Stop Trafficking of People) is a programme initiative, part of the social justice expression of The Vine Church operating under BOH. STOP plays a significant role in providing care and case management for victims of trafficking in person, providing knowledge of trafficking through research, and raising awareness of trafficking in the local communities.
We currently have an opening for a full-time position for STOP Caseworker. The primary role and responsibilities are as follows:
Provide crisis intervention and casework with trauma-informed approach for clients who have experienced trafficking in person, including migrant workers, sex workers, and/ or undocumented people.
Maintain progress notes and case records accurately and timely, to support counter-trafficking advocacy and public education programmes with evidences.
Plan and organize survivors support group and empowerment programme
Assist in outreach to identify new clients.
Provide administrative and general support to the STOP team (e.g. organizing meetings, events and training; monitoring and tracking project activities etc).
● Degree holder in Social Work, Human Rights or related fields.
● At least 3 years’ experience in non-government organizations.
● Knowledge in trafficking issues, human rights, and social justice.
● Excellent interpersonal, presentation and group facilitation skills.
● Creative problem-solving, be a responsible team-player in a multicultural environment.
● Capable of speaking in Hindu, Sinhala, Bahasa Indonesian, Nepali or other Asian languages is an asset.
How to apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.comClosing date for application is 5pm, 26 April 2021.