Animals Asia is an international animal charity based in Hong Kong with operations in China, Vietnam, Australia, USA, UK and Europe. It is devoted to ending the barbaric practice of bear bile farming and improving the welfare of animals in China and Vietnam. It promotes compassion and respect for all animals and works to bring about long-term change.
● Part of a busy, passionate and talented global team
● First point of contact in charge of updating supporters on our progress and offering opportunities for engagement
● 2 years’ experience in a customer service role
Purpose of Role
Providing an exceptional, enriching experience for our donors is at the very heart of your role. You’ll work with a wide range of people, efficiently gathering and providing information as well responding to whatever queries or situations may arise. This includes maintaining the fundraising database and implementing key steps on the supporter journey.You will work hand in glove with a high-performing Gift Processing Team, sharing best practice knowledge to ensure we provide a seamless, first-class end to end experience for supporters. Our Gift Processing team is highly efficient and effective, operating as one global team and supporting work from across countries. We do need somebody on the ground in Hong Kong that can help with this, in particular to also assist with some of the Gift Processing work.
● Act as first point of contact for Animals Asia: answering the phone and responding to emails and letters
● Work collaboratively across a global Supporter Care team to ensure supporter enquiries are handled to the highest standard, providing prompt, efficient, accurate responses in line with the charity’s messaging and Global Service Charter
● Work collaboratively with colleagues in the Gift Processing team to ensure income is processed accurately and in line with our Global Service Charter via all fundraising and payment channels and in line with Animals Asia’s policies and procedures
● Generate acknowledgements and receipts for all offline payment channels, including annual statements, in line with our Customer Service Charter
● Process all payments including merchandise orders and legacy income
● Process online and offline products including animal sponsorships
● Ensure procedure manuals are updated in line with changes
● Maintain constituent records & data integrity. Accurately enter new data and amend existing data on the fundraising database following contact from supporters, and in line with Animals Asia’s policies and procedures
● Ensure supporters are resourced with fundraising materials
● Train & supervise volunteers as required
● At least 2 years’ experience in a customer service role responding to
a high level of enquiries via telephone and email (essential)
● Experience of working on a customer relationship database (essential)
● Experience of using Blackbaud CRM or Raisers’ Edge (desirable)
● Accuracy and excellent attention to detail (essential)
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills (essential)
● Highly organised, able to prioritise varied workload and meet deadlines(essential)
● Proficient in Microsoft Office (essential)
● Fluent in Cantonese and English (essential)
● Fluent in Mandarin (desirable)
● Able to work efficiently and effectively from home without disruption (essential)
● Able to connect to sustained, high quality internet connection from home (essential)
● Able to work occasional extended hours and weekends as required (essential)
● Able to accommodate global meetings early morning / late evening (essential)
Interested parties please forward your cover letter, full resume with your availability to join, present and expected salary to us (in Word format). Please quote the above position being applied for in the email subject.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Applicants who have not received a reply after two weeks from the date of the advertisement should consider their applications unsuccessful.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment-related purposes only.