|Published:||15 days ago|
Asian Charity Services (ACS) is the leading provider of pro-bono strategic consulting and training for NGO leaders in Hong Kong. Our mission is to effect change and raise standards and professionalism of small to medium-sized non-profits, enabling them to be more effective, efficient and sustainable in serving our communities. Since our inception in 2007, we have been working with NGOS as well as skillbased volunteers who provide professional services to these NGOs through ACS’s programs. With ACS’s pro bono training and advisory services, which we do through our staff and our volunteers, we are able to assist these NGOs to address a wide range of social causes, helping them to innovate and to tackle some of Hong Kong’s most critical social challenges.
We are looking for a Volunteer Engagement Manager to lead, manage and execute our volunteer engagement strategy to strengthen and enhance our relationships with our volunteers and our corporate partners.
Volunteer Engagement Manager
The Volunteer Engagement Manager is a key member of the ACS leadership team, whose key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Regular consultation with the rest of the ACS team to help source and staff the programs of ACS with adequate number of volunteers who have the required skills and expertise.
• Maintain a current, up-to-date list of all volunteers and manage the relationship with these volunteers; engage and interact with the volunteers to ensure that they feel valued and appreciated.
• Consolidate & closely coordinate with various program directors to ensure that communications and scheduling are streamlined across programs so that the volunteers are available when needed.
• Strategic planning and creative execution of volunteer recruitment to ensure that the pipeline of volunteers can adequately meet the demands of ACS programs, including building in sufficient flexibility of supply in reaction to demand
• Build and maintain a broad spectrum of corporate partners in order to provide ACS with quality and diversity of volunteers
• Maintain performance tracking and development plans to grow the pool of experienced volunteers. Develop and deliver necessary training/briefing to build up the numbers of volunteers with required management and facilitation skills
• Analyze and confirm the skills sets / expertise of the current active volunteers, organize/categories them accordingly, to allow for more targeted engagement and deployment to programs
• Maintain effective communications and a calendar of activities to consistently build the engagement of the volunteers in order to know them better, to build up the community and their sense of commitment to ACS
• Develop a “win back” strategy targeted at volunteers who have become inactive • Ensure that agreed KPIs are met and there is adequate measurement systems and processes
• Work with community partners and “platforms” like Time Auction, HandsOn Hong Kong etc. to foster effective volunteerism for social impact
• Generally, exercise independent initiative to ensure that the volunteer management is well nurtured within ACS and the sector
• Maintain and streamline key data and metrics about the volunteer base, gathering from diverse personal memories as well as measurement mechanisms
• Personable and engaging personality – someone who has a genuine interest in and enjoy building many personal relationships with very different profiles
• At least 5 years’ experience in people oriented roles, such as sales, client management, relationship manager, coaching, etc.
• Organized and able to handle excel spreadsheets and keep data in detailed manner
• Have good contacts/exposure with different corporate sectors
• Confident and comfortable with speaking to our corporate relationships
• Ideally with some previous experience of NGO and/or skill-based volunteering, e.g. as a volunteer
• Creative in establishing personal connections through remote or varied interfaces
• Candidates with some training and development background, motivated in growing and developing people
• Conversational English and Cantonese language skills
• A strong team player and an advocate in co-creation and collaboration mindset
• Ability to manage in a professional demeanor when dealing with difficult and matrix situations